Banana Loaf Soft and Scrumptious
Serving size12 portions
- 130 g almond milk, unsweetend,
- 200 g ripe bananas, (approx. 2 bananas), cut into pieces
- 150g soft nectarines or pineapple
- 120 g pitted Dates
- 100g dried blueberries optional
- 2 eggs
- 220 g plain flour (mixed sorghum, rice, coconut flour)
- 50g traditional oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5g cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g almond milk or rice milk
- 2 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Walnuts and pepitas for garnish
Nutrition per 1 portion
Calories 600 kJ / 128 kcal
Protein 3.9 g
Carbohydrates 32.4 g
Fat 1.5 g
Saturated Fat 6.4 g
Fibre 1.1 g
Sodium 189.1 mg
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place baking paper on loaf tin (25 x 10 x 11 cm) and set aside.
- Place ripe bananas and nectarines onto mixing bowl and mash and blend until smooth.
- Add 130g almond milk and dates and mix. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add mixed flour blend, baking powder, oats, dried blueberries and additional almond milk and natural vanilla extract and combine for further 30 sec. a
- Pour into prepared loaf tin, add crushed walnuts and pumpkin seeds and bake for 50-60 minutes (180°C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in tin for 30 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool completely before transferring into a sealable container until ready to use.
#breakfast #brunch #afternoon tea #snack #dessert#bread #cake #cereal #dairy #eggs #fruit#baking #contains egg #contains gluten #contains lactose#contains milk #vegetarian #nut free #easy #money-saving#everyday #gift #kids in the kitchen #picnic#cooking for groups (10+) #sweets #low cost