• 1/2 leek (approx. 80 g), cut into slices, green part only for Low FODMAP
• ½ Fennel Bulb (approx. 200 g), cut into pieces (3-5 cm)
• 1 tsp ground ginger optional
• ½ tsp ground coriander optional
• ¼ tsp ground chilli (optional)
• 500 g cauliflower, broken into small florets
• 800 g liquid chicken or vegetable stock or 800g water and add stock cube
• ¼ tsp salt, to taste (see Tips)
• 2 pinches ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 brown onion, cut into thin slices, for garnishing
• 40 g Fennel toasted for garnishing
1. Place leek and fennel into a pot and sauté 10 min or until leek just becomes translucent.
2. Add ginger, coriander, cumin and ground chilli (all optional) and cook 1 min.
3. Add fe cauliflower with water and allow to boil .
4. Add stock cube, salt and pepper and cook 20 min. Meanwhile, place a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of shaved fennel, and fry until golden (approx. 5-8 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Allow soup to cool slightly, then blend in food processor or nutra-bullet
6. Divide between serving bowls and garnish with fried fennel or spring onion.